Christmas

I have always really enjoyed Christmas. As a kid I couldn't wait to open presents. There were presents at home; there were presents at Mimi and Pappaw Chuck's house; there were presents at Mammaw Vivian and Pappaw Curtis' house; there were presents at Mammaw Latham's house. Everywhere we went there were presents...even at our annual Christmas program at church we got a little present. I was so over-consumed with what I hoped I would get.

Now, I still really enjoy Christmas. I like to decorate our house for Christmas, and I listen to Christmas songs all the time. My hope now, though, is that my kids enjoy Christmas but don't become consumed with the presents received. We've talked alot about Jesus being the only true reason we have Christmas, and how Santa really started with a saint who wanted to give gifts to those who wouldn't otherwise have any.

We did have an angel tree child that we purchased items for, and we've been singing Happy Birthday to Jesus all month.

I know it's all "over" for this year, but I want to continue to stress the importance of the Jesus and this gift that God so graciously gave us. If you have any ideas on how to help me with this, I would appreciate it. I hope your Christmas day was wonderful, but more importantly, I hope your remembrance of Jesus continues throughout the coming year to Easter when He died. I hope it doesn't stop there but that you know that Jesus is alive to bring you closer to Himself and God. God loves you and wants to love on you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Funny bedtime

Daddy/Daughter Day

Where is your focus today?