Overwhelmed, yet not at the same time

Do you ever feel that way, but at the same time you don't feel overwhelmed at all?

I've been following a friend's blog for about a week, now. I'm so impressed with her. She does so many things in her home in so few hours and then gets to do the things she wants to do. Of course, I can tell from her blog time that she is a very early riser...something I am not. I am a night-owl. Early for me is 6:15 am, and that doesn't happen very often.

I am just not motivated to move that fast. There are always things I want to get done and things I want to do, and somehow, I only get to 1 or 2 of the "have to get done" things. That's where the overwhelmed comes in. There are all these things that really need to happen. I can't do them on Tuesdays or Thursdays because I'm at work. The past few weeks it seems like there is something on Mondays and Fridays as well, and on Wednesdays, I have started going to a book/Bible study...which means I really don't have time for this right now! There are those "have to" things that I should be doing right now instead of being on here!!! AAARRRGGGHHH!

However, I'm really not overwhelmed. This is all stuff that can easily be done. I need a lesson in time management. Perhaps I should start with going to bed earlier...before 11pm would be a start. I don't remember the last time that happened, and if it did, we turned the TV on to watch one of our "precious" DVR episodes of Frasier, Medium, Lie to Me, The Mentalist, Celebrity Apprentice...I could go on and on. We really like our DVR.

Still, though, if I'm in bed (and asleep) earlier, then I can get up earlier. I can have my quiet time before anyone else is awake or even needs to be awake. S's alarm doesn't go off until 6:45 am. Now, here is how lazy I am. On days that I don't work, I have my alarm set for 6:45, also. However, when S comes in our room, she gets in bed w/ us for two more "snoozes" on my alarm - until 7:03! How lazy is that?!? And what am I teaching her? Sleep until the last possible second? We actually overslept this morning. It was later when she came in our room, and I didn't look at the clock when the alarm went off after she got in bed. When I did look, it was 7:12, that's when she should already be dressed and eating breakfast. She got cereal this morning as I didn't have time to make anything because I still had to make her lunch. Oh my goodness!!

Okay, back to my original thought. If I go to bed earlier, I can wake up earlier, I can get started on the things that need to get done earlier, I can have time to do the "want to" things. Seems to make sense doesn't it? Then why am I so lazy? I don't know.

I'm not overwhelmed. My kitchen will take me - max - 20 minutes to clean, and we don't even have dishes from last night. Randy is always telling me to make a list. Perhaps, I should get up every morning and make a list for that day. In the past when I've made lists, there are always things that will never all get done in one day. BUT if I make one list per day then try to accomplish those things, I will be better able to approach each day that I have at home. Is that better time management?

Okay, I have to go. I told myself I would not be online after 8:30, and it's 8:25. I have a list to make! Have a great day!!! =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Funny bedtime

Daddy/Daughter Day

Where is your focus today?