time

Over the last month, Ihave been going...and Idon't just mean in the regular day-to-day stuff at home and work. I have been from coast to coast...and loved both trips...from Georgia to California (Wow! never really thought that would be something I could say).

Yes, work on Tuesdays and Thursdays. However, between being out of the state, meeting MIL to pick up M, working VBS at work - 4 days in a row, S's rehearsal, recital, b'day, and sleep-over, preparing for last days of work...I finally have time at home!

Georgia was awesome, and I'm still trying to figure things out. Crazy Love by Francis Chan is a great book. I'm still working on it, though. I have noticed that it affects people who've read it differently. I don't want to be the same person after reading it...I can't be. Look in the Bible...I can't be the same person I have been. I'm selfish, and there's nothing positive for those people in the Bible. Jesus was humble! He was a servant. ~~~~~~~Like I said, I'm still trying to figure things out as I continue to read this book.

California was great, too. What an amazing trip for my mom, S and me to bond. A trip I won't soon forget! It's so beautiful there, so it's easy to see God's handiwork...you can see forever until the Pacific meets the sky, hear the roar of the waves crashing against the rocks, and just waiting to get splashed by them.

I love being at home, though. I finally got to clean and do laundry on Wednesday, and today, I have to do more laundry because it really has been that long. S is now down to 2 piles of dirty clothes in her room. Her room is actually a mess because of me and unloading her hamper! M has only 1 load left, but he had been out of shorts before Wednesday. We have probably 3 loads left including towels plus the last load will be blankets that have been used by guests...and the dog over the last 3 weeks (washing them last 'cuz we're not needing them).

Last night was great. The kids got to relax after school. We had a yummy dinner of teriyaki pork loin, summer squash (love that!), and salad. R worked on the leak in the yard. We all went for a walk together (M rode in the stroller). Time. It's great when you have it and chaotic when you "feel" that you don't.

It's time for me to go, now. I want to try to eat w/S at school. Only 3 days left after today...end of 1st grade...not sure when that happened either!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Funny bedtime

Daddy/Daughter Day

Where is your focus today?