Daddy/Daughter Day

My day started early...well I just didn't sleep well. My stomach hurt. I still haven't figured out why. It's something to do with a little Miss Sutton in there. At 6:38 am on this Saturday morning, I had to go potty - not unusual since I'm 33 weeks pregnant. When I got back in bed, I still could not get comfy. Randy snuggled up behind me and put his hand on my "bouncing" tummy. We just lay there for a while feeling Sutton kick, squirm, flip, jump, karate chop - this is at least what it felt like! He finally said, "She's doing cartwheels this morning. Can you sleep when she does that?" I laughed and said no. I had just been lying there smiling. I like it when he gets to feel her move.

So that's how the Daddy/Daughter day started. Daddy "feeling" his youngest girl move and say "Good Morning World"...she may be just like him in the mornings =)

At 3:40 pm, our doorbell rang. It was Daddy coming to pick up Sydney for their date. We had been getting ready, and he had already seen the "finished product", but he always comes to the door like a proper date should. Micah answered the door, and Daddy asked if Sydney was ready for their date. He place the corsage on her little wrist. She held the boutonneire to his lapel pretending to put it on so I could take a pic. We snapped a few shots of them together and off they went to dinner and the Daddy/Daughter Dance.

What a fun day for a daddy. Spending a little time with both his girls. There will come a time when they'll both go to the dance with him. For now, we enjoy getting Sydney ready for the dance and letting Sutton "dance" with Daddy whenever she chooses to be awake in my tummy.

Comments

Jen Smith said…
LOVE it! Can't wait to see pics of the dance tonight!

Popular posts from this blog

Funny bedtime

Where is your focus today?