Quiet time

Okay, no this is not about my kids' quiet time in which one of them reads while the other plays make believe with his pillow, blankets, books and cup until he falls asleep.

This is real quiet time. There is no tv noise in my house right now...very unusual for me. I ALWAYS have the tv on either a show or at least the Christian music channel. The only noise is my fingers typing away on this.

It's funny how this is the first time my kids have been with g-parents and I haven't been somewhere also. Everyone is asking what I'm going to do w/ the free time, so here is what I've done so far...

I planned to sleep late as no one would need me to turn the tv on for Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Imagination Movers, Sesame Street, etc. That didn't happen. I adjusted the number on my sleep number bed and didn't sleep well last night. It made my back hurt, so I finally just stayed awake at about the time M has been getting up anyway. =)

I have folded and put away a load of clothes and am planning to dust, sweep, vacuum, pick up their rooms and the play room, pay some bills. Yeah, that kind of stuff. However, if I get all of that done today, I don't have to do it tomorrow!

Now, for those of you who think we should go out on a date or something, listen to this: we have a shower/dinner for a couple in our Tues CG tonight, CG tomorrow night, and I'm going on a retreat for MOPS Friday-Saturday afternoon (it's been planned since April). How funny is that?!

I am smiling because I think it's funny. He has lunch plans with people today and tomorrow. Friday is his day off, so we may do something on Friday, but who knows? We may just stay home...I'll need to have my stuff ready for my retreat (leaving from cLife at 4:15 that afternoon).

I love my life. I love my husband. I love my kids. I miss my kids, but they are having a great time. Wonder how Papa and Nana are going to "be" after this trip? They are picking up 2 additional kids this morning (6 & 8). Lots of interesting stories, I'm sure!

This has been a very random blog, but that's what's in my mind at the moment! Have a wonderful day!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Funny bedtime

Daddy/Daughter Day

Where is your focus today?