A realization


This is going to sound like I was mean, but read with an open mind. Last night the kids were arguing with each other to the point of one of them crying while the other came to find me to tattle. I had gone over by the front door to turn on the exterior lights. It had started to get darker outside, and there were no lights on in the living room.

As I heard them coming, I decided to just stand in my slightly shadowed spot to see what they would do. I could easily be seen if they were looking for me and not just hoping to find me wherever I was, but I was not out in the middle of the living room. They were both calling for me...each to tattle on the other. I watched them walk through the living room into my bedroom never turning on a light. When they called as they walked into my bedroom, I answered, but they neither one turned around. They just kept on walking all the way to my bathroom.

They called, again, and again I answered. They could hear me, but they couldn't see me. When they walked out of my bedroom back into the living room, they both saw me, ran to me, started crying and threw their arms around me. The arguing had stopped without any tattling or getting more upset. They suddenly had a combined need for the same thing and without knowing it were working together to find it. The crying and tattling had stopped in their search for me.

As I was just hugging them and letting them both cry for a moment, it hit me. I do the same thing with God. He is just standing there ready for me to come to him. He would and did willingly do anything to bring me closer to Him. However, it's only when I think I need Him that I go searching for Him. I look everywhere. The difference is I don't think He's standing in a slightly shadowed area just out of visibility from one direction. I think He is in the middle of my life waiting for me all the time with open arms. It doesn't have to be a major ordeal for Him to be there waiting. It is every day. He wants to spend time with me because He loves me. I'm the one who gets nervous and afraid when I think something is going on that I can't handle. That's when I start hoping to find Him wherever He is. When all along, if I would just open my eyes, He's there all the time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Funny bedtime

Daddy/Daughter Day

Where is your focus today?