Potty training

I've always heard it's easier to train girls than boys. I'm finding out that this statement is true. S was completely trained by 2 yrs and 8 mos - including overnight. However, she was waking up completely dry in the mornings. She also realized when she was wet or going to be wet. She didn't like being wet.

M is completely different. He wakes up almost every day w/ a very full diaper. I know...don't give him anything to drink. I can't do that. I still sometimes need a drink of water in the middle of the night. It's awful when you're thirsty and can't get a drink. Anyway, he also doesn't care that his diaper is wet or dirty. He only lets us know he's dirty when there is something he wants to do that might be inhibited by wearing a diaper full of poop!

I'm trying again today to just let him wear underwear and take him to the potty every 15-30 minutes. So far, so good...about 1 1/2 hrs. He knows he'll get a piece of candy if he uses the potty. I think that has only happened once. Maybe I get too frustrated and give up too easily when we've tried before. But after 3 pairs of underwear are wet in about a 30 minute time span, I start thinking he's definitely not ready.

I guess we'll see what the day brings. Luckily, the only place we have to go is to get S from school this afternoon. Wish us luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Funny bedtime

Daddy/Daughter Day

Where is your focus today?